“State of the Art & Cost - no - Object”
Timeless beauty - elegant, pure and full of innovative technology
This preamp is inimitable with a unique character. With the Conquistador everything started with a blank sheet of paper. Developing and designing a new project you must think unlimited and scrutinize everything. This way the Conquistador was created and it is a highlight in design and engineering art.
Four AA45 Mesh-triodes of our own proprietary production coupled with the unique quadruple VTC volume control, a special circuit design with four separate tube grid bias drivers, and the shortest thinkable signal path underline this absolutely exceptional concept in the world of preamps.
It’s extremely light-footed and joyful reproduction paired with a big soundstage and full of aura incarnate a very special way of sound deployment. This preamplifier shapes and impresses its magical character on the whole chain of reproduction to an extent that never existed before, a magic putting all listeners under its spell. Exactly those are the subtle differences between the so-called super pre-amps and the Conquistador, a pre-amp turning over a new leaf in the story of preamplifiers. We are convinced that the Conquistador will contribute to the way how the Ayon brand will be perceived in the future.
Limited production, 10 units per year only!
2 Chassis full-featured Class A – triode single-ended & true balanced vacuum- tube stereo preamplifierUnique new pure vacuum tube-circuit design with single gain stage and incorporates only one coupling capacitor at its output stage
The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant influence on the sound and hence on the inspiration and joy of listening. This is not only the decision between good and bad tubes but finally the interaction of the different types of tubes and their combination that are used in the various Ayon amplifiers.
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
● Ultra short signal path
● Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
● Very low output impedance to drive any tube or solid state power amp
● No solid state devices in the signal path
● High current and low impedance design that operates tubes in the best areas their curves
● Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
● No followers or buffers in the signal path
● High quality parts throughout
● 0dB negative feedback (of any kind)
● Selector switch engages relays located near RCA jacks to switch all inputs
● Special alloy solder used for the best electrical connection
Tube Power Supply
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. 3 separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stages which makes this a pure power source. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
● Tube rectified power supply with two 5U4G rectifier tubes
● Superior noise reduction
● 3 separate low noise –insulated power transformers
● Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
● Triple choke filtered power supply for power tubes
● Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
● Regulated DC filament supplies with soft-start power up for extended tube life
● AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
● High capacitance energy storage.
Dual Grounding System
The modification of the grounding topology leads to increased rejection of noise from the power supply and other areas. The dual grounding topology used in all of our amplifiers is quite unique to the whole hi-end tube amplification industry. Such extensive topology provides for quieter backdrop for which the music can unfold in its entirety. It further establishes the quick and controlled bass response and the full bodied expression of the high frequency. The ground leg of the signal has not been neglected and given meticulous attention in its implementation. The importance of proper grounding cannot be over emphasized.
● Ground switch
● Central one-point star earth grounding
● Dual grounding system (switchable)
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.
● Ultra selected, absolute best quality passive components used in all applications
● High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
● Special tube sockets with beryllium- copper spring pins, custom made by Ayon
● WBT-NextGen – RCA input jack
● Neutrik/Swiss - XLR chassis connectors
● Special isolated - internal wiring
● Premium internal signal cable uses ultra pure, soft annealed copper and super low loss insulation
● Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
● Elma/Swiss - Input selector switches
● VTC – “volume transformer control”, 4 channels / 42 position - electronic-relay system, custom made by ayon
● This stepped volume control system has a channel balance within +/- 0.05dB.
● Tantalum– best sounding precision resistors, best resolution and lowest noise.
● Rifa - Long life capacitors, Mundorf and V-cap caps.
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
● Improved heat ventilation chassis
● Backlit front panel displays indicate level attenuation & input selection
● 3 Platinum knobs with backlit glass pivot, custom-made by Ayon
● The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
● All front & rear panel descriptions are engraved
● Ground switch
● Volume & Mute function - RC
● Metal remote commander
● Chassis finish: black / chrome
|Tube Preamplifier||Ayon Conquistador - Linestage|
|Class of Operation||Pure Class A, SE-Triode|
|Tube Complement||Ayon AA45-Mesh, ECC88 & 5U4G|
|Maximum Output (at 1 kHz )||30V rms|
> 98 dB
|Output Impedance||30 Ohm|
|Frequency Response / Line||3Hz - 100kHz|
|Harmonic Distortion (at 1V ) Line||< 0.01%|
|Input||6 x Line RCA|
|Output||1 x RCA, 1 x tape Out|
|Dimensions Pre (WxDxH) cm||50x43x25 cm|
|Dimensions P.S. (WxDxH) cm||50x43x13 cm|
|Weight (Pre & Power Supply)||52 kg net|
Specifications subject to change without notice